Executive and Research Assistant to EGI Office (FELLOW)
Organisation: Editors Guild of India
Location: Delhi, India
Experience: 1-3 years
Deadline: 20 December 2020
Description: Editors Guild of India is the apex body of editors from across the country, representing all forms of media — print, television, radio and digital- as well as publications and media across languages and regions. It was set up in 1978 with the twin objectives of protecting press freedom and raising the standards of editorial leadership in media.
We are looking for an executive and research assistant to the office bearers of the EGI, as a one year fellowship, to assist the EGI office in various secretarial duties, press outreach (including social media), research on various issues that EGI is working on, and assisting the various committees that are working on issues pertaining to press freedom, ethics, programs, media laws etc.
The executive and research assistant will be working with the senior most editors in the country on issues that are critical for press freedom as well as for improving credibility and standards of journalism in the country.
- Assisting the office bearers in organising various meetings of the executive committee, general body, as well as all the committees formed to look into specific tasks and objectives of the Guild. This will involve logistics of organising meeting, as well as the paperwork for maintaining and circulating minutes as well as the follow up with members.
- Updating EGI website and social media handles about Guild activities
- Media outreach about Guild activities
- Assisting the EGI office bearers and the committees in research.
- Research assistance for preparing public statements that EGI has to issue from time to time on issues of press freedom.
- Handling the official mail accounts of the Guild and directing mails to office bearers or the relevant committees, and/or responding to those mails.
- Assisting the office bearers in any other administrative task
We are looking for a recent graduate in journalism/ law/ social sciences, who preferably has an interest in building a career in journalism. The candidate must have strong research grounding, is digitally savvy with social media marketing, and has excellent writing skills. It will be preferred if the candidate has some basic knowledge of design for the purpose of developing social media communication.
They should exhibit strong enthusiasm for EGI’s commitment for protecting press freedom as well as for improving the quality of journalism in India.
This is a full-time fellowship, for the duration of one year. The fellow can work from home but must be based in Delhi, as there will be administrative work to take care of. The fellowship remuneration will be in line with starting salaries in academia/ journalism.
Candidates must submit a résumé; two references, with names and contact information; and a covering letter stating your reasons and motivations to join. Please email these materials at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive and Research Assistant (Fellow)—2020,” by midnight on 20 December 2020